Friday, February 26, 2010

A poem for all Moms

My youngest daughter Stacey has 2 very young children as I believe I mentioned in an earlier post. Lucas was born January 2008 and Paige was born December 2008 - yes, this is no typo error, you read it perfectly.

Stacey had some concern because her house wasn't as "tidy" as she would have liked it to be. Seriously, how can it possibly always be tidy with 2 little people under 2 years of age playing, eating and requiring a whole lot of care in between and just plain living in the house.

I had remembered reading the poem below somewhere, so did a google search and want to send it out to all the overwhelmed Mom's out there - children always come first!! Post this poem on your fridge and take pride in putting your children ahead of everything else. They will never thank you as a teenager, that I can attest to, but once they get into their twenties or start having babies of their own, they will definitely recognize all you did for them and thanks will come your way!

Some houses try to hide the fact
That children shelter there.
Ours boasts of it quite openly,
The signs are every where.

For smears are on the windows,
Little smudges on the doors;
I should apologize I guess
For toys strewn on the floor.

But I sat down with the children
And we played and laughed and read,
And if the doorbell doesn't shine,
Their eyes will shine instead.

For when at times I'm forced to
Choose the one job or the other,
I want to be a housewife...
But first I'll be a mother.

Being a "Mother" is never anything to be ashamed of! Keep up the good work ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment